Monday 9 June 2014

My Recent Trip to MAC

My Recent MAC Purchased

So, I thought I would do a quick post on a few bits I picked up from MAC last week. I have been using MAC for years and I am a huge fan of their eyeshadows imparticular.


The first think I picked up was a quad palette and four new eyeshadows. The eyeshadows retail at £10.00 and the empty quad palettes for £6.50. The shades I opted for were :-

  • SHALE - A mauve-plum with a subtle shimmer. This is a really nice lid colour as it isn't too pigmented but nice just for a minimal wash of colour.
  • SATIN TAUPE - A taupe shade with silver shimmer. Again, this is a lovely shade to wear all over the lid and looks stunning just on its own.
  • SWISS CHOCOLATE - A matte muted warm reddish brown. This is such a versatile shade and great for blending in the crease or outer corners for definition.
  • SKETCH - Deep burgundy with red shimmer. This is such as beautiful shade and I love to wear this shade in the outer corners for definition and a warm smokey eye.
From left to right, Shale, Satin Taupe, Swiss Chocolate, Sketch

I also picked up one of MAC's pigments. I decided to go for the very popular 'Naked' pigment. This shade is a flesh beige with a pearly/shimmery finish. You can apply the pigments wet or dry, when applied with a damp brush they become alot more pigmented. I love to wear this shade all over my lid or under my brow bone to highlight. MAC's pigments retail at £17.00, however they currently have their 'sized to go' pigments, which are smaller and just £10.00.



Lastly, I picked up one of the MAC's Patent Polish Lip Pencils in the shade Kittenish. These are a relatively new release for MAC and retail at £14.50. There are currently twelve shades available.


These lip pencils give the colour and shine of a gloss but leave the lips feeling soft, moisturised and non sticky. The pencil as a twist up applicator, similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks and are very easy to use.


The shade Kittenish is a Mauvey Pink shade and I find it compliments my skin tone really well. I would definitely recommend these lip pencils and I will purchasing the shade 'Berry Bold' very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment